Cycling and Mountain Bike Timing
Interested in our chip timing solutions for your Mountain Bike or Cycling Race?
Here at Crossroads Events and Timing we use Innovative Timing System's Jaguar System to time all of our events. We use ITS's technology because they have a superior form of technology that allows us to provide our clients with incredibly accurate times, read rates, and unique results deliverables. You can read in detail specifications about the Jaguar system we use here: Why Jaguar?
For cycling and mountain bike races we use either Jaguar's H-Chip which sticks to the top of the helmet and is best for criterium and road cycling races or Jaguar's B2-Chip which goes on a bike's handle bar bib#. The B2 chip works best for mountain bike races.
These chips work best for recording a racer's times, laps, and other similar information.
This type of solution works similar to bats using echolocation. Our system is constantly sending out a signal which interacts with the chips and sends their reads back. Our system continually reads them as they draw closer to the finish line and then cuts their time off exactly when they cross through the finish arch.
All high speed cycling races also need a high speed camera located at the finish to record the sprint finishes for the win. We use Jaguar's snapshot cameras and program to make sure we record the inches that might separate 1st and 2nd place.
All Of Our Cycling Race Clients Receive:
- A Professional Grade Aluminum Truss Arch
- A Disposable Timing Chip when using the H-Chip and a handle bar bib# with a disposable timing chip when using the B2-Chip
- A Large LED Timing Clock
- High speed snapshot camera at the finish line for high speed cycling events
- A Touch Screen Results Kiosk with a Receipt Printer (As Available)
- If all of our Kiosks are booked but by clients whom booked earlier we can provide you with scrolling results on a t.v. screen
- Instantaneous Printed Results
- Online Registration Setup and Management (If needed)
- We use itsyourrace.com to manage your online registrations. We like to use this platform because it allows us to offer you an event webpage, mobile phone race app, interactive clickable results, interactive course maps, finisher certificates, and so much more! However if you would prefer to work with another online registration company we can accommodate that as well.
Other Optional Race Timing Upgrades
We also offer other awesome timing services that can be custom added to your event like:
- Multiple Timing Points - Separate Start / Finish Systems, Multiple Split Points Along the Course, etc.
- Live Results Uploaded to a Webpage and Mobile Phone Race App
- Multiple Results Kiosks or Multiple T.V.s with Scrolling Results
- Announcer's Stations Where Announcer's Can See and Announce Participant's Names Before They Finish
Have other ideas of something unique you would like to see at your race? If you can dream it we can most likely do it! Visit our Request a Quote page and submit a quote to receive a customized quote and timing solution!